DigLibArts offers technical assistance, project planning help, and funding for Whittier faculty to develop digital pedagogies and research projects. We encourage you to apply: our goal is to assist as many Whittier College community members as possible. If you are unsure whether your idea is fundable, please don’t hesitate to contact any member of the Steering Committee: Andrea Rehn, Bill Kronholm, Nat Zappia, Ann Kakaliouras, Tony Barnstone, or Sara Angevine. Also, explore our blog and our teaching resources to learn about projects funded in the past.
Under the terms of the Mellon grant, applicants must be willing to share their new digital assignment(s) or research methodologies in order to enhance the liberal arts curriculum at Whittier College and beyond. All assignments, research projects, and products developed as a result of Mellon funding will therefore be licensed according to Creative Commons licensing (or other appropriate licenses) to protect faculty members’ rights of authorship. We’d love to help you develop ideas, plan timing, or find suitable technologies to accomplish your goals!
Applications are currently being accepted. Deadline for Spring Applications is Monday April 16, 2018. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by the end of the semester.
Teaching with Technology Stipend Application
- small stipends to support your time and willingness to learn, design, and implement a new digital project or assignment in a course
- these are “toe-in-the-water” stipends, meant to tempt you to try something new on a small scale. We hope to fund many individual projects.
- applicants who have not yet received funding will be prioritized
- repeat applicants are welcome, provided the project/technology is new to the applicant
Learning Community Grants
- funding and facilitation (upon request) to support groups of at least 3 regular members
- learning communities propose a project to develop digital well-being as it pertains to their discipline, department, students, faculty committee, etc.
- learning communities will determine the timeframe for their project
- Learn more about current Learning Communities!