All faculty and staff are invited to join DigLibArts for our semi-annual Pedagogy Lab, taking place on January 25th, 2016, from 1pm to 5pm in the DigLibArts Collaboratory in Wardman Library.
This is an excellent opportunity to dialogue with and learn from your faculty peers in an environment designed to facilitate discussions about teaching on our campus. Much of the day will be organized in the form of a THATCamp or Digital Humanities Unconference, so bring your questions, concerns, and ideas!
- Brief introductions
- Showcase: Cool things colleagues have done
- Parallel Sessions
- Building your own website for teaching and scholarship
- Topics suggested by participants (as unconference)
- General Discussion of Teaching Issues
- Teaching in the face of technological failure
- What works to encourage participation, student engagement, getting students to read,
- Time/syllabus planning for digital projects
- Tool parade: Domains, Stop Motion/Video Resume, quick and easy social media assignments
- Debrief & Survey/Evaluation
Snacks will be generously sponsored by the Associate Dean of Faculty Development, Laura McEnaney. We appreciate RSVPs so we can plan to have your favorites on hand.