There are no active searches at this time. Please check back with us!
Student Technology Liaisons (Filled)
Wardman Library seeks to hire 2 Student Technology Liaisons to support the use of digital technologies as part of Diglibarts, Whittier College’s digital liberal arts initiative. Candidates will be asked to work 8-10 hours per week during spring semester 2014 in the library.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Work with Instructional Media Designer and Digital Scholar to support media and digital projects within Wardman Library’s new digital liberal arts center/digital commons
- Serve as liaison to faculty who want to learn or experiment with educational technology and digital pedagogies
- Assist in leading focus groups centered on space design that follow technology trends and emerging digital pedagogies as they relate to our campus community
- Research, experiment and learn new technologies: LEAP motion control, LAYAR, digitizing multimedia sources, create graphics and information pieces for digital displays
- Prioritize projects and create schedules for media student assistants who tutor on digital editing as part of course projects like digital storytelling
- Organize content for social media sites: Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Libguides, Media Services newsletter and the project blog
- Serve as research assistant on digital humanities and digital pedagogy projects
- Organize and help with events and activities associated with Whittier College’s Diglibarts
- Experience working with digital editing software: FinalCut, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, WeVideo
- Experience in graphic design using Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with blogging applications such as WordPress
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Please send resumes to Sonia Chaidez at email@example.com. Resumes must include a professional reference as well as available working hours for spring semester.